Feedback / Suggestions

Women and Children

Women and children can DIAL 112 during emergencies and can seek help from the police.

No, women and children cannot be called to the police station for questioning or interrogation unless the person is accused. Women and children are to be interrogated in presence of a women police officer at their residence.

If a child is involved in a crime, police have to follow the procedure as per Juvenile Justice Act.

Women can file a complaint at the nearest police station under “SEXUAL HARASSMENT OF WOMEN AT WORKPLACE (PREVENTION, PROHIBITION AND REDRESSAL)” ACT & RULES, 2013.

Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012 (POCSO) protects children from sexual offences.


Last Updated: 03-08-2021 04:44 PM Updated By: Admin

Disclaimer :

Please note that this page also provides links to the websites / web pages of Govt. Ministries/Departments/Organisations.The content of these websites are owned by the respective organisations and they may be contacted for any further information or suggestion

Website Policies

  • Copyright Policy
  • Hyperlinking Policy
  • Security Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Privacy Policy
  • Help
  • Screen Reader Access
  • Guidelines


  • Last Updated​ :
  • Visitors Counter :
  • Version :
Designed, Developed and Hosted by: Center for e-Governance - Web Portal, Government of Karnataka © 2024, All Rights Reserved.

Best viewed in Chrome v-87.0.4280.141, Microsoft Edge v-87.0.664.75, Firefox -v-83.0 Browsers. Resolution : 1280x800 to 1920x1080